With the Speed Menace ASICS has come up with a new take on the ‘bowling boot’. It’s a shoe that works with the foot and can help reduce the loads that possibly contribute to stress fractures and other foot ailments fast bowlers may suffer from. A new forefoot plate system makes the forefoot extremely rigid – in saying this, it works far better than ‘adapted’ shoes at the time of propulsion. This shoe is manufactured to achieve this; its a complete structure unlike the ‘adapted’ type boots that players often wear. The inner comfort of the upper is totally supportive as well, with an internal brace strapping system and Velcro strap on top of the foot. To top the performance characteristics, there is the new P-GUARD system at the toe to protect from dragging and increased longevity of the shoe. This is a typical statement of a purpose built shoe from ASICS.
- Rear and forefoot GEL – GEL unit absorbs impact superbly helping shock attenuation on impact and reducing the risk of injuries.
- Solyte 65 – ASICS new proprietary midsole material takes on a new role as a lasting technology. 65 density for increased stiffness, further limiting midsole deformation.
- DuoMax – Dual density midsole system designed to enhance support and stability.
- P-Guard – Located on the toe box, it ensures protection against toe drag and further protects the front of the foot from damage.
- Velcro Strap – Locks the shoe into position securely and comfortably allowing for maximum pace gathering.