ASICS GEL-Gully 5 Cricket Shoes The GEL-Gully 5 is a versatile cricket shoe used primarily for battling and fielding. The shoe has been designed to offer cushioning and support while still being lightweight. Built on a SpEVA Lasting 55 midsole, this shoe also features PGuard, a reinforced compound attached to the forefoot to provide increase durability and protection. The addition of PHF technology ensures a snug and friction-free fit. P-Guard Upper P-Guard technology uses reinforced rubber/resin compounds attached to the forefoot to provide increased durability to cope with an arduous season and rigorous demands as well as protection to the feet. With stability and comfort in mind the California Slip Lasting upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole to ensure protection against injuries and impact, especially when bowling. An anti gravel tongue is used to prevent debris from entering the shoe, so you can play without distraction and reach optimum performance levels at the crease, fielding or bowling. For additional comfort, or for medical purposes the EVA sockliner is removable and moulds to the shape of the foot. Medical orthotics are easy to put in place if required. SpEVA Midsole Material The midsole material improves bounce-back characteristics and decreases the midsole breakdown to enhance cushioning and improve the feel of landing and also reduce the chances of injuries upon impact. The SpEVA 55 Lasting allows the Asics midsole material to take on a new role as a lasting technology for enhanced cushioning and comfort. The shoe also features Dynamic DuoMax to enhance support and stability. The Dynamic Duomax is an upgrade on the existing format as it distributes local pressure proportionally to increase stability while providing improved comfort. When landing the use of rearfoot and forefoot gels help to attenuate shock. A trusstic system reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of t
- Trusstic System – Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoes.
- PGuard – Reinforced rubber/resin compound attached to the forefoot providing increased durability and protection.
- SpEVA Midsole Material – Improves bounce-back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System – Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Duomax Support System – A dual-density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport-specifically.